U3O8 Corp’s infill drilling cuts 2m at 0.14% U3O8 & further confirms continuity of multi-commodity mineralization in the southern part of the Berlin Project, Colombia Metallurgical results being corroborated
TORONTO, Ontario – November 23, 2011 – U3O8 Corp. (TSX Venture: UWE), a Canadian-based company focused on exploration and resource expansion of uranium and associated commodities in South America, reports on its Berlin Project in Colombia that:
- assays from an additional five bore holes drilled in the infill program completed in the southern part of the project further confirm excellent continuity of uranium and multi-commodity mineralization;
- positive, initial metallurgical test results are being corroborated for anticipated release in December, 2011; and
- work is progressing well towards the completion, by year-end, of the first National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) resource estimate undertaken on the property since the historic 38 million pound (“mlb”) uranium resource1 was calculated in 1981.
About U3O8 Corp.
U3O8 Corp. is focused on exploration and development of uranium resources and associated commodities in South America. The company’s uranium resources comprise three deposits defined in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 located in Argentina, Colombia and Guyana:
- Laguna Salada Deposit, Argentina – a preliminary economic assessment (“PEA”) shows this near surface, free-digging uranium-vanadium deposit is potentially amenable to low-cost mining and processing methods;
- Berlin Deposit, Colombia – a PEA shows that Berlin could be a potential low-cost uranium project thanks to revenue from by-products of phosphate, vanadium, nickel, rare earths (yttrium and neodymium) and other metals occurring in the same deposit; and
- Kurupung Deposit, Guyana – an initial uranium deposit in a large emerging uranium district.
Information on U3O8 Corp., its resources and technical reports are available at www.u3o8corp.com and on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Follow U3O8 Corp. on Facebook: www.facebook.com/u3o8corp, Twitter: www.twitter.com/u3o8corp and Youtube: www.youtube.com/u3o8corp.
Certain information in this release are forward-looking statements with respect to the development plans, economic potential and growth targets of U3O8 Corp’s current projects. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intensions for the future, and include, but not limited to, statements with respect to: (a) the low-cost, near-term development and resource goal of Laguna Salada, (b) the Laguna Salada and Berlin PEAs, (c) resources being defined on the provincial petroleum and mining company’s concessions and a future joint venture, (d) the market opportunities for uranium in Argentina and internationally, and (e) the potential of the Kurupung district in Guyana. Basis for such assumptions include that: (i) actual results of our exploration, resource goals, metallurgical testing, economic studies and development activities will continue to be positive and proceed as planned, and assumptions in the Laguna Salada and Berlin PEAs prove to be accurate, (ii) a joint venture will be formed with the provincial petroleum and mining company, (iii) requisite regulatory and governmental approvals will be received on a timely basis on terms acceptable to U3O8 Corp., and (iv) economic, political and industry market conditions will be favourable. However, such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those contained in the statements, including, but not limited to: (1) that a mine will be achieved on the Laguna Salada Project in compliance with current Chubut law, (2) that a joint venture will be established with the provincial petroleum and mining company, (3) that a mine will be achieved on the Berlin Deposit and other exploration projects, (4) that beneficiation test work will continue to be favourable and results from small scale metallurgical testing can be duplicated on a larger scale, (5) the inherent uncertainties and speculative nature associated with exploration results, resource estimates, potential resource growth, future metallurgical test results, changes in project parameters as plans evolve, (6) volatility of commodity prices; (7) dependence on regulatory approvals and changes in legislation, environmental compliance, community support and the political and economic climate, (8) availability of future financing, and (9) exploration risk and other factors beyond the control of U3O8 Corp. including those factors set out in the “Risk Factors” in our Annual Information Form available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Readers are cautioned that the assumptions used in the preparation of such information, although considered reasonable at the time of preparation, may prove to be imprecise and, as such, undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements. U3O8 Corp. assumes no obligation to update such information, except as may be required by law. For more information on the above-noted PEAs, refer to the September 18, 2014 technical report titled “Preliminary Economic Assessment of the Laguna Salada Uranium-Vanadium Deposit, Chubut Province, Argentina” and the January 18, 2013 technical report titled “U3O8 Corp. Preliminary Economic Assessment on the Berlin Deposit, Colombia.”